***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***
Computer Systems Senior Administrator
Date of Posting
March 21, 2013
Location To Be DeterminedApply Now
This position could be located in any one of our Montana locations. Please see the list of Montana Branches on our website for more information.
This position directly supports the Davidson IT computing services assets to contribute to an effective and efficient working environment throughout the Companies. Analyze issues and trends and conduct research to determine appropriate support for Davidson business application technology and computer life-cycle and office technology.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in field of specialty or equivalent experience.
- 2 years' further experience demonstrating proactive support and management of complex computer systems in a mid-sized or large business environment.
- 2 years' experience supervising and mentoring junior technical staff.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
- Seasoned knowledge of department policies, processes and procedures.
- Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts.
- Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 35 pounds.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Evaluate work load and capacity of computers and computer system to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing capabilities or performance. Implement improvements and/or recommend improvements to IT management as appropriate.
- Directly support Davidson IT computing services which may include: servers and server operating systems, storage technologies like fiber channel arrays and iSCSI, virtual server management, enterprise backup solutions and disaster recovery technologies. Support may include but is not necessarily limited to patching, testing, installing, upgrading, training, troubleshooting, working with vendor support and sales, creating and updating support documentation, assisting with budgeting and cross-training other IT staff.
- Analyze issues and trends and conduct research to determine appropriate support for Davidson business application technology. Directly support and supervise others providing support and/or advise management as appropriate. Support may include but is not limited to patching, testing, installing, upgrading, providing end user training, monitoring application performance, working with vendor support and sales, budgeting and creating documentation for end users and IT staff.
- Analyze issues and trends and conduct research to determine appropriate support for Davidson computer life-cycle and office technology. Directly support and supervise others providing support, and/or advise management as appropriate. Work with management to delegate support tasks to other in department. Support may include but is not limited to patching, imaging, deploying, transferring user profiles, evaluating, securing, receiving training on computer O/S and hardware. Maintain inventory. Manage printer support agreements. Work with vendor support and sales. Provide
documentation to end users and IT staff. Help resolve incidents with computers relating to the O/S, core applications or hardware that have been escalated from the Service Desk.
- Attend internal and external meetings as requested to provide expertise and advise management. Manage projects as directed and assist with projects as needed.
- Advise management regarding attainable performance goals. Assist in setting appropriate goals. Attain performance goals set by management such as but not limited to maintaining uptime, generating reports, assisting with the resolution of support issues and architecting IT solutions.
- Lead projects or assume significant project management roles. Assist with and/or assume responsibility for the completion of project tasks as needed. Participate in project management meeting around areas of expertise.
- Ensure work on tasks and special projects are completed within budget limits. Ensure tasks delegated to other IT staff are also completed within budgetary limits. Assist with tasks to prepare annual budget and budgeting for special projects. Review and potentially prepare portions of the IT budget relating to areas of administration.
- Understand and adhere to the IT Change Management process.
- Keep current with new Information Technology solutions. Maintain technical certifications relevant to work responsibilities. Identify need for
training within IT Computer Systems group and make recommendations to management. Receive training and train others as directed. Identify need for end user training and make recommendations to management. Develop training and/or train end users as appropriate.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.